Petcore Europe is pleased to confirm key speakers of its annual conference in Brussels from 5-6 February 2020 in the Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace. Industry and industry association representatives as well as policy makers and academia speakers will discuss strategic topics, trends and solutions impacting the entire PET value chain.
Building up on the success of 2019 with more than 275 visitors, Petcore Europe is happy to invite to its 2020 conference over two days in a spacious venue in the heart of Brussels.
Don't miss your opportunity to network and gain an insight into the latest developments of our industry. Guarantee your place now!
Day 1: Wednesday, 5 February 2020
09:30 – 11:00: Petcore Europe General Assembly (for members only)
09:30 – 11:00: Welcome Coffee (for all participants)
11:00 – 17:30: Perspectives and Strategy for the PET value chain
- 11:00 – 11:10 Welcome
- 11:10 – 12:10 2018 PET market, collection & recycling rates
o 2018 PET market, Collection & Recycling Rates - Eunomia, speaker tbc
o PET thermoforms & ODR containers - Alessandra Funcia, Sukano
o Panel Debate and Q&A
- 12:10 – 12:30 The war against plastics - how can the PET industry respond?
- Christian Crépet & Sebastian Lemp, Petcore Europe
- 12:30 – 14:00 Networking Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:40 Changing supply & demand: viewpoints from the value chain
o VPET – PET Producers’ view - Stephen Scott, CPME
o PET converters’ view
– Preforms - Raphael Jaumotte, Plastipak
– Trays - Nicolas Lorenz, Paccor
o RPET – PET Recyclers’ view - Casper Van den Dungen, PRE
o Panel debate
- 15:40 – 16:20 Networking Coffee
- 16:20 – 16:40 How Italy’s EPR scheme supports the industry in reaching the EU 2025 targets - Antonello Ciotti, Corepla
- 16:40 – 16:55 PING - Update on NIAS evaluation in PET - Marie Catherine Coquin, Danone & César Velilla, Nestlé Waters
- 16:55 – 17:25 Microplastics – industry challenges - John Fawell, Cranfield University
- 17:25 – 17:30 Wrap-up and Closing
18:00 – 19:00: Networking Drink
19:30 – 22:00: Networking Dinner
Day 2: Thursday, 6 February 2020
08:30 – 09:00 Welcome Coffee
09:00 – 17:30: Trends in PET Collection, Sorting, Recycling & Circularity
- 09:00 – 09:10 Welcome
- 09:10 – 10:50 PET in the circular economy – a global perspective
o Plastics Strategy, SUP Directive and Circular Plastics Alliance - an EU perspective - Christian Crépet, Petcore Europe & European Commission, speaker tbc
o Package Design Guidance for PET Recycling – New Requirements to Support a Global Circular Economy - John V. Standish, APR, Association of Plastic Recyclers (North America)
o Finding the right levers to make PET pots, tubs and trays roll down the bottle road into circular economy - Kim Ragaert, UGent
o Panel Debate
- 10:50 – 11:30 Networking Coffee
- 11:30 – 13:10 Trends & solutions in PET post-consumer collection
o Deposit – where do we stand? - Wolfgang Ringel, Tomra
o Collection and sorting of ODR and PET trays in France - Vincent Colard & Carlos de los Llanos, Citeo
o Holy Grail 2.0 – digital watermarks - Gian De Belder, P&G & Logan Larry, Digimarco Will AI crack food / non-food and other sorting challenges? - Nicolas Grotus, Pellenc ST & Thomas Etien, Citeo
- 13:10 – 14:30 Networking Lunch
- 14:30 – 15:30 Trends in PET Trays Recycling
o Trends in PET tray recycling - Ana Fernandez, KPo Mono-material PET trays - Mark E Dawes, Dupont Teijin Filmso Panel debate
- 15:30 – 16:10 Networking Coffee
- 16:10 – 17:10 Monomer Recycling - enhancing the circularity of PET – Moderated by Heike Fischer PETplanet
o Leela Dilkes-Hoffman, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
o Wim Hoenderdaal, Indorama
o Speaker tbc
o Panel debate
- 17:10 – 17:15 Wrap-up and Closing
Date & Venue
- Conference - Day 1: Wednesday, 5 February 2020, 09:30 - 17:30
- Networking Event and Dinner: Wednesday, 5 February 2020, from 17:30
- Conference - Day 2: Thursday, 6 February 2020, 8:30 - 17:15
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace: Rue Gineste 3, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
Situated on Place Rogier, Crowne Plaza® Brussels - Le Palace hotel adds elegance to business trips. Built in 1908, the hotel is fully renovated and offers the most contemporary, business-ready amenities. Ideal for corporate travel and events, the hotel is located near Brussels Airport and the city centre as well as sight seeing hot spots.
To book your room at a special rate, please click here.
Gold and Silver Sponsors
The participants include PET resin manufacturers, packaging designers and manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, label producers, brand owners, EPR schemes, waste management organisations, recyclers, recycling machines manufacturers, representatives from the European institutions and European organisations interested in PET.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our conference.
Your Petcore Europe team