Petcore Europe is pleased to announce the first speakers and the draft programme of its annual conference in Brussels from 6-7 February 2019 in the Renaissance Brussels Hotel!
Don't miss your opportunity to network and gain an insight into the latest developments of our industry. Guarantee your place now!
Day 1: Wednesday, 6 February 2019
- 11:30-12:30 Petcore Europe General Assembly (for members only)
- 12:30-13:30 Registration and Welcome Lunch
- 13:30-13:40 Welcome
- 13:40-14:40 2017 PET market, collection & recycling rates
- 13:40-14:00 PET market 2017 - Collection & Recycling Survey (ICIS, Speaker tbc)
- 14:00-14:20 PET thermoforms & ODR containers (Alessandra Funcia, Sukano)
- 14:20-14:40 Panel Debate
- 14:40-17:30 Changing supply & demand: viewpoints from the value chain
- 14:40-15:00 VPET - PET Producer's view (CPME, Speaker tbc)
- 15:00-15:40 Networking Coffee
- 15:40-16:00 RPET - PET Recycler's view (Casper Van den Dungen, Plastics Recyclers Europe)
- 16:00-16:40 PET Converter's view - Preforms and Trays (Speakers tbc)
- 16:40-17:00 Panel Debate
- 17:00-17:15 Wrap-up and Closing
- 17:30-18:30 Networking Drink
- 19.00 Networking Dinner (Separate ticket required)
Day 2: Thursday, 7 February 2019
- 08:30-09:15 Registration and Welcome Coffee
- 09:15-11:00 EU Plastics Strategy 2.0
- 09:15-09:45 Plastics Strategy: SUP Directive, Taxes on Plastic and Summary 2018 (Christian Crépet, Petcore Europe)
- 09:45-10:15 The changing world of energy (Samuel Furfari)
- 10:15-10:40 Update on consumer and workplace use of PET, a regulatory perspective (Mike Neal, CPME)
- 10:40-11:00 Panel Debate
- 11:00-11:30 Networking Coffee
- 11:30-12:30 Trends & solutions in PET post-consumer collection
- 11:30-11:50 Holy Grail - global recognition project on markers and digital watermarks (Gian De Belder, P&G)
- 11:50-12:10 Deposit – where do we stand today? (Clarissa Morawski, Reloop)
- 12:10-12:30 Panel Debate
- 12:30-13:30 Networking Lunch
- 13:30-14:45 Trends in PET Trays and Textile Recycling (Speakers tbc)
- 13:30-13:50 PET Thermoforms Recycling (Paolo Glerean, Aliplast)
- 13:50-14:10 Presentation tbc
- 14:10-14:30 Trends in Textile Recycling (Karla Magruder, Fabrikology, tbc)
- 14:30-14:45 Panel Debate
- 14:45-15:40 Trends in ODR Recycling
- 14:45-15:05 ODR Recycling, Full body sleeves and labels (Gian De Belder, P&G)
- 15:05-15:25 PET Aerosol Recycling Update (Johannes Burghaus, P&G - tbc)
- 15:25-15:40 Panel Debate
- 15:40-16:10 Networking Coffee
- 16:10-16:30 Eco-Design and Recycling (Plastics Recyclers Europe, Speaker tbc)
- 16:30-17:00 Trends in Chemical Recycling
- 16:30-16:45 Circular PET - an overview (Wim Hoenderdaal, Indorama)
- 16:45-17:00 Chemical Recycling Project (Speaker tbc)
- 17:00-17:10 Wrap-up and Closing
Date, Venue & Hotel Rooms
- Conference - Day 1: Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 12:30 - 17:30
- Networking Event and Dinner: Wednesday, 6 February 2019, from 17:30
- Conference - Day 2: Thursday, 7 February 2019, 10:00 - 17:30
RENAISSANCE BRUSSELS HOTEL - Rue du Parnasse 19, 1050 Brussels
The Renaissance Brussels Hotel is located in the heart of the European neighborhood right in front of the European Parliament and very easy accessible via train (Gare Bruxelles Luxembourg) from the airport in only 19 minutes or via car due to its underground parking facilities.
The Petcore Europe Conference will be sponsored by organisations or individual companies, and we invite you to contact us should you wish to join this growing list.
As sponsor, your company's name and logo will be displayed on all our communications material (including invitations, agendas, press releases and website) as well as promoted during the event. Additionally limited exhibition spots are available.
To view the delegate rates and to register, please click here.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our conference.
Your Petcore Europe team