Petcore Europe announces that the 2020 PET Monomer Recycling Forum will take place on 7th of October in Brussels at the BluePoint Brussels, 80 Bd. A. Reyers, 1030 Brussels. Registrations are open now.
In 2019, Petcore Europe launched the PET Monomer Recycling Special Industry Group - with companies involved in the development of new and innovative processes to recycle PET and Polyester waste by depolymerisation and reusing its monomer constituents.
Due to the growing interest in PET Monomer Recycling, Petcore Europe recently announced the 2020 PET Monomer Recycling Forum on the 7th of October 2020 in BluePoint Brussels, 80 Bd. A. Reyers, 1030 Brussels. Industry experts will give key insights in the exciting new developments of PET Monomer Recycling.
Programme and Speakers
- 09:30-10:00 Registration & Welcome Coffee
- 10:00-11:00 First Session "PET monomer recycling – how does it fit in the bigger picture of PET circularity?" moderated by Wim Hoenderdaal, Chairman of the SIG
- Welcome and Status Quo of PET Monomer Recycling and the SIG – Wim Hoenderdaal (Indorama)
- Link to the Circular Plastics Alliance – Stephen Short (Petcore Europe)
- Monomer recycling as one of the circularity pillars of PET – Marco Brons (Cumapol)
- Panel debate
- 11:00-12:45 Second Session "Making all PET waste valuable raw material – feedstock challenges for PET monomer recycling" moderator Christian Crepet (Petcore Europe)
- View from the Italian EPR – Antonello Ciotti (Corepla)
- Market analysis of feedstock availability in Europe and possible solutions thanks to monomer recycling – Romain Roux (Axens, subsidiary of IFPEN)
- Making all PET waste valuable raw material – feedstock challenges for PET monomer recycling – Martin Stephan (Carbios)
- Challenges in collection, sorting and processing textile waste – Jeroen Bulk (Ioniqa)
- Presentation to be confirmed - Garbo
- Recycling quotes – waste legislation and attempts for change – a German example – Carsten Eichert (Rittec)
- Panel debate
- 12:45-14:00 Networking lunch
- 14:00-15:00 Third Session “Legislative Challenges to overcome for circular PET"
moderated by Wim Hoenderdaal
- Introduction to the topic – John Baker (Alpek Polyester)
- Presentation on food contact regulation and PET monomer recycling – speaker to be confirmed
- Panel debate
- 15:00-16:00 Fourth Session “PET monomer recycling – Common view on communication and language” moderated by Stephen Short
- Name of the technology
- Name of the recycled product
- 10 FAQs
- 16:00-16:45 Fifth Session: Presentation on LCA by CE Delft and Q&A session moderated by Wim Hoenderdaal
- Development of a tool to compare CFP of various recycling routes compared to the linear model – Geert Bergsma (CE Delft)
- Preliminary results of comparing PET monomer recycling with virgin, mechanical recycling and incineration with energy recovery – Wim Hoenderdaal
- 16:45-17:00 Way forward and closing
- 17:00-18:00 Networking Drink
The Forum will be open for members and non-members of Petcore Europe, with different participation fees.
BluePoint Brussels is located near the European quarter and is easily accessible via the main access roads. Public transport is within walking distance and Zaventem International Airport is only 15 minutes away. The building has an underground car park with 300 spaces.
We are looking forward to welcome you at the 2020 PET Monomer Recycling Forum.
Your Petcore Europe team.